I am thankful for many things. Some serious, some silly. Here are my lists (if I were cooler, and had a faster computer, I would add pictures to these... sadly, I'm not). hehe
Serious list of reasons to be thankful:
- Jesus: He chose me- and YOU! He loves me no matter what. He loves me even when my actions say I don't love him. His Love is unconditional. Many times that overwhelms me.
- Family: I love my family. My mom, dad, sister, brother, puppy, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, you name it... I love them. I have been blessed with an amazing family (even though they're sometimes insane. ;) )
- Friends: This is obvious. I love my friends. My old friends (in age, and in time being friends), my young friends (in age and in time being friends), my American friends, my Argentine friends, my wherever else friends... all of them. I love friends. <3
- Opportunity: I have been blessed with the opportunity to do so much: see the world, spread my wings. If I had had a different life, this wouldn't have been possible.
- Roots: I'm thankful for Lincolnton, Freedom Church, and everything that has defined me growing up. I love my hometown. I love being Southern. I LOVE having roots.
- Wings: I have a love/hate relationship with not knowing where God's gonna take me. On the one hand.. I love it... because it is teaching me to completely trust in Christ... and on the other hand I hate it for the same reason. Absolute trust is so hard! But it's so worth it!Thank the Lord for giving me wings and teaching them how to use them-knowing he'll catch me if I fall. Knowing that sometimes, falling taught me more than flying.
(in no particular order)
- Catalina dressing (let's face it, it makes pretty much everything taste better)
- fun accessories (read: rings, scarves, earrings, necklaces, pocketbooks etc.. the cuter/cheaper, the better!)
- Pinterest (a crafter/teacher/wannabe wife/mother's dream!)
- the color green (it matches my eyes, and I like it)
- singing in the shower/car/ anywhere (it's probably my favorite thing to do; I couldn't live without it)
- painting my nails/toenails (this alone makes me feel pretty)
- mascara (I love mascara...)
- vanilla flavoring (you can put it in casi-anything!)
- cheerwine/tea/sundrop (notice how I didn't put "sweet" or "iced" in front of the "tea". where I come from, that's understood) :)
- glitter and all things that sparkle (without them, life would be dull- pun intended!)
Things previously taken for granted, but now I recognize the need to be thankful for them:
(long title, I know, go with it.. some are serious, some are silly)
- Running water (we have gone a little over a week-at most- without water at our house.. and it was awful. It was humbling after only a week... I now feel like I shouldn't complain about anything!)
- Heat and A/C
- cheap vegetables (they're so cheap here!)
- car (it's a 20 minute walk to our closest large grocery store)
- English (... oooo.. "what's the word for "parsley" in Spanish?".. hahaha)
- quick check-out at the grocery store (I will never complain about Food Lion being slow AGAIN)
- ooo self-checkout :)
- Wal-mart (even though I totally agree they take away from the small business owner.. I can still find everything I need in one place!)
- laminator (o goodness. I salivate just thinking about laminators)
- butcher paper (saves a million years on bulletin boards)
- learning to cook in a country with few pre-packaged things (this means I'm REALLY learning how to cook)
- Argentine co-workers who are patient, kind, and AMAZING
- Students who tolerate my sillyness, forgetfulness, and ridiculousness.
- Roomies like the above. :) (and AMAZING roomies)
- Close proximity to an Old Navy
- High-quality shoes (in US)
- High-quality meat (Argentina)
- good chocolate (US)
- Skype
I'm sure there are more.. but I'm tired. Love you all! Happy Thanksgiving!! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment