I love it here. The people I work with are amazing, my roommates are fabulous..and my kids are hilairious! I started teaching last Wednesday; the short week was very chill. I loved singing and dancing and getting to know who my kids are. Open House was on Friday night. I met a few sets of parents from my class. The parents were SO helpful and nice; many offered to help me with anything I need during this time of transition.
Life is busy, and that's good. Busyness helps keep me from thinking about other things too much. I tend to analyze and think more than is healthy... it kind of drives me crazy. So having many things to occupy my time is a good thing. :) I am more joyful than I have ever been... and since I'm generally a happy person that means I'm REALLY happy. The last few months in the states were very stressful and jam-packed with loads of emotions.. and I'm glad that's finally over. Not that I'm not still dealing with those feelings... I am... but it's not a constant struggle anymore. There's space. I'm definitely in the "honeymoon" stage of transitioning. And I like it. :)
I definitely miss family, friends, and places... but it's not yet overwhelming. I feel at peace; content in the life I'm living. God is good! I'm going to take a nap... I may add more later! :) love you all.. thanks again for the prayers!
Life is busy, and that's good. Busyness helps keep me from thinking about other things too much. I tend to analyze and think more than is healthy... it kind of drives me crazy. So having many things to occupy my time is a good thing. :) I am more joyful than I have ever been... and since I'm generally a happy person that means I'm REALLY happy. The last few months in the states were very stressful and jam-packed with loads of emotions.. and I'm glad that's finally over. Not that I'm not still dealing with those feelings... I am... but it's not a constant struggle anymore. There's space. I'm definitely in the "honeymoon" stage of transitioning. And I like it. :)
I definitely miss family, friends, and places... but it's not yet overwhelming. I feel at peace; content in the life I'm living. God is good! I'm going to take a nap... I may add more later! :) love you all.. thanks again for the prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment