Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Long Time Coming

I went to a wedding this past weekend. One of the most anticipated weddings of my life, for sure. Emaly Elise, my best friend for the past 12 or so years, got married. I'm still in shock, I think. It's crazy. The ceremony was so sweet... it was officiated by her father, Donald. He wasn't hysterical, which I thought was a miracle in and of itself! The colors were pink and purple- Emaly for sure! She's more glitz and glam than I am (if you can believe that!). She was PERFECT. I can't wait to see the pictures!
Winter blogged about this too, but I just can't leave it untouched. It's crazy how things change so quickly. How one day you're alone (not TRULY alone, because Christ is sufficient, but work with me), and then the next you could not be. You're walking through life, trusting Christ to point you in the right direction, letting him guide your steps, not knowing if one day someone will be walking beside you.... and then you look up, and someone is there. A few years ago Em and I were up late one night, wondering aloud about whether or not we would be forever husband-less. And now, she's on her honeymoon in Antigua. Talk about a life change! I'm glad I'm on this side of things. I think I see, even more than she may, how insanely different her life is going to be- from what it was before marriage, and from mine. I'm glad I get to see from a single's perspective before I experience it on my own. And Lord willing, I will experience it on my own; I'm trusting the Lord for that. He's faithful.

________________________________________________

I didn't mention that the wedding was in the States, although if you're reading this, I'm sure you already knew that. I did get to go home for a little over a week, and got to be a part of the wedding festivities. A few people helped make that happen, and I am forever grateful to those people! I would've never missed that wedding for the world and am so happy I got to be there!

I got back to BA this past Monday, I'm re-adjusting well... and glad to be back. BAICA (and NICS, our supporting organization) is still in the middle of making decisions and changes... and we know nothing as of yet, but should know by Monday. I'll keep everyone updated. I know that Christ is in control, and no matter what, he's guiding my steps.

That's all for now. I hope everyone had a blessed Easter!!

Peace & Love

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the day when we look up and our husbands are walking beside us!

    ReplyDelete