Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Answers to questions

I can't count the number of people who've asked me, "Why?" in regards to this trip.

And, to be honest, I've asked the Lord and myself the same question. As leaving gets closer and goodbyes are no longer months away, I find myself questioning the reasons I know I have to do this. Sometimes staying is more uncomfortable than going. This is how I've gotten to be. I love my friends, family, and church, but I think I've gotten too dependent on them. I think one of the main reasons the Lord is taking me to BAICA is so he can show me that he really IS enough. Minus my family. Minus my friends. Minus many comforts a middle-class, white American has. If I only have Christ I will be fine.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not going to Africa where there's no running water or air conditioning. I also know the Lord's going to provide me with community while I'm there. Right now I guess I'm looking at everything with self-focused lenses. My job while I'm there is to minister to the thirteen students and families I'm directly responsible for, as well as the other students and families I meet. I can't wait to meet them; I'm sure they will end up teaching me far more than I could ever teach them!

So, why? Because the Lord has been preparing me to do this for as long as I can remember. Because I HAVE to do this. Because I WANT to do this. Because it's an adventure. Because it will change my life.

Peace and love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment