Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ending a chapter, beginning another

I graduate from college this Saturday. I really can't believe it. I have tons to do before leaving for Argentina. I can't even really think about it; it overwhelms me. I'm getting a bit nervous about saying goodbye to everyone- wondering what things I'm going to miss and how things are going to look when I get back. Sometimes I have a few moments of fast heart rate and rapid breathing when I think about saying goodbye to my amazing family and friends. But then, I think about the promises of God, and specifically the picture of a double-rainbow a friend sent me the other day. I think about how God has promised me specific things in regards to my life. He will not break those promises. He's sending me to Argentina to grow me closer to him, to help me learn to rely solely on him. I'll meet people and do things that shape me into the person he wants me to become. I can't wait.

The Lord is doing strange and wonderful things in my heart in regards to preparing me for this journey. He's bringing people into my life to whisper words of encouragement- exact words I need like, "I couldn't see you doing anything other than this", "You are perfect for this", and "We'll be praying you through this." He's spoken to me through the Bible study we've been doing on Monday nights. He's comforted me with lyrics of songs and nights spent looking at the stars. He's been there and will be there.

until later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment