Life has been a struggle lately. Not unbearable, not miserable, just harder than at first. I think I'm through the "honeymoon" stage. I don't smile at everything; I'm not skipping everywhere. (Lemme tell ya, those first few weeks I was like, "This place, these people, everything is so fantastic! I can't ever see myself being anything less than perfect here." It was a little ridiculous. I was kinda irritated at myself... I was way too cheery!) Anyways... I'm past that, and I've settled into "I can do this for 21 more months." I've started missing "home" more, but I'm far from miserable. I see God in small things; I look for God in small things. I'm having to trust in Him more- and that's exactly why I'm here.
My kids are doing well. I'm struggling with classroom management (trying to be fun and entertaining, but expecting my kids to be serious when it's time to get down to the wire). Just today we had to have a talk about the "silly switch". We had a discussion about how we're now 3rd graders; we're getting older and can decide when it's time to be silly and when it's time to be serious. We practiced turning the "silly" switch on and off. It worked today.... tomorrow it may not. Haha. It's like hit and miss. I'm also struggling with time management... as much as it irritates me science has been getting the shaft. UGH! I love science! I've been teaching a TON of English. I know my students need it, since they're ELL. But still, science is fun! Pray that I get all of those things under control. I'll never be perfect, but I need to always strive to be better.
My favorite (and the most humbling and precious) part of this whole experience is definitely being able to share the Lord with these children. I get to pray with them each day. I also meet with them, one-on-one, once a month, to see how they're doing in class and otherwise. I then pray for them. Goodness, to hear the things these kids want me to pray for is amazing. I love them. The Lord is working in their hearts. I can see it; I can feel it. He's here.
Next week is Spiritual Life Week/ Spirit Week. I can't wait. I'm on the committee in charge of it, and lemme tell ya; it's going to be a blast! Monday is Wacky Hair Day, Tuesday is Character Day, Wednesday is Alien Day, Thursday is Pajama Day, and Friday is Spirit Day! I'm going to take pictures! I'll post the ones of me on here... and if you want to see the ones of my kids email or facebook me. I'll send you the link to my class webpage. :) It'll be a blast. And I'll get nothing productive done next week. haha.
My kids are doing well. I'm struggling with classroom management (trying to be fun and entertaining, but expecting my kids to be serious when it's time to get down to the wire). Just today we had to have a talk about the "silly switch". We had a discussion about how we're now 3rd graders; we're getting older and can decide when it's time to be silly and when it's time to be serious. We practiced turning the "silly" switch on and off. It worked today.... tomorrow it may not. Haha. It's like hit and miss. I'm also struggling with time management... as much as it irritates me science has been getting the shaft. UGH! I love science! I've been teaching a TON of English. I know my students need it, since they're ELL. But still, science is fun! Pray that I get all of those things under control. I'll never be perfect, but I need to always strive to be better.
My favorite (and the most humbling and precious) part of this whole experience is definitely being able to share the Lord with these children. I get to pray with them each day. I also meet with them, one-on-one, once a month, to see how they're doing in class and otherwise. I then pray for them. Goodness, to hear the things these kids want me to pray for is amazing. I love them. The Lord is working in their hearts. I can see it; I can feel it. He's here.
Next week is Spiritual Life Week/ Spirit Week. I can't wait. I'm on the committee in charge of it, and lemme tell ya; it's going to be a blast! Monday is Wacky Hair Day, Tuesday is Character Day, Wednesday is Alien Day, Thursday is Pajama Day, and Friday is Spirit Day! I'm going to take pictures! I'll post the ones of me on here... and if you want to see the ones of my kids email or facebook me. I'll send you the link to my class webpage. :) It'll be a blast. And I'll get nothing productive done next week. haha.
All in all, it's been good. God is close, God is good. I have to give him my heart each day, and trust it to him. He has my best interests in mind; He's working everything together for my good. He loves me.
"Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions." Exodus 16:4 (emphasis mine)
"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask for anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask-we know we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:13-15
"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 5:7-8 (emphasis mine)
"Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions." Exodus 16:4 (emphasis mine)
"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask for anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask-we know we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:13-15
"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 5:7-8 (emphasis mine)
No comments:
Post a Comment