Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Strong Soul"



"Almafuerte", literally translated to English, means "strong soul".
Dictionary.com defines "soul" as "the principle of life, feeling,thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entitity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part."
God is strengthening my soul. He's teaching me why I believe what I do and how to live like I believe it. The past week or so has held a lot of peace- a sweet gift from above. I haven't been questioning things like I had been- only constantly giving my desires back to God- to change or cherish.
I've become more aware of my thoughts, actions, and the effect they have on those around me. I can feel God shaping me, molding me, chipping away, and burning away the impurities. I'm not sure what lay ahead for me, and that's okay. I will live for today, for this moment. I am not promised tomorrow.
Prayer needs:
*students' hearts
*relationships with parents
*young man visiting with a family/ working at the school (I'm not sure he's saved)
*classroom/time management
*better organization
*living here and not planning for Christmas/ twoish years from now
*giving over of my desires in exchange for God's
I love you all, I miss you.... :)
Hasta prontisimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment