
"The fair new petals must fall,and for no visible reason. No one seems enriched by the stripping.
And the first step into the realm of giving is like surrender-not manward but Godward: an utter yielding of our best. So long as our idea of surrender is limited to the renouncing of unlawful things, we have never grasped its true meaning: that is not worthy of the name for "no polluted thing" can be offered.
The life lost on the Cross was not a sinful one- the treasure poured forth there was God-given, God-blessed treasure, lawful and right to be kept: only that there was the life of the world at stake."
-Lilias Trotter, Parables of the Cross
It's easy for me to understand the Lord's reason for surrendering my unholy, fleshly, and sinful desires to Him for destruction. I know these things are not good for me and altogether wrong. No good comes from sin. But, God doesn't just ask for the unholy desires; He asks for the holy ones as well. I'm to "yield my best".
Just thought I'd share. The above was quoted in Elisabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity.
No comments:
Post a Comment