Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Friday, January 21, 2011

Pondering

The past few days have been especially hard. My mood is off, and the slightest thing upsets my whole day. I'm struggling with trusting the Lord, in a few areas. It's just hard. It irritates me when I start to think how much longer I have to teach in Argentina. I LOVE my job, my kids, and my friends... but I LOVE my life here too. I love my family, my church, singing in the praise band, and just doing things I've become so accustomed to. Staying in the States this long may have been a mistake... because it no longer feels like a "vacation"; I feel like I've re-adjusted to my life here. And now I'm going to have to go back and adjust to life in BsAs again. Ugh! Hopefully it will be easier.
I've decided that I don't like time, distance, or waiting for things. The Lord is for SURE stretching me in these areas. It's hard for me to be away from people I care about. It's hard for me to not be able to text or call them when I want to. It's hard to not be able to involve those I love in the small things of life. Because, you know, the small things ARE life. I'm just over it I guess. I'm ready for everyone I love to be in the same place... and I'm starting to think that maybe this is just the beginning of these kinds of experiences. Therefore, I need to cling to the Lord, and realize that my mission on earth is NOT to live comfortably with my friends and family in a bubble. My goal in life is to follow where the Lord's leading me. And right now, I'm a 3rd grade teacher at BAICA.
I still don't like waiting for things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment