Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Thursday, February 10, 2011

In between

In between college and marriage, in between friends and family, in between life in Lincolnton and life in BA... relying on internet connections to carry my love long distances: hoping email, Skype, and Facebook messages will lift up and encourage those far away. All the while trying to build relationships here. Trying to pour into the people I'm around daily; impact my immediate world for the better. This is my life. Juggling past and present... while hoping for a future. Thanking God for the past, living in the present, and wondering what the future holds. Realizing the past was just what it needed to be, and trusting God for both my present and my future. Knowing where I am is where I need to be, but also knowing that being static is not an option. Always moving forward, leaping further, growing stronger. This is my life. This is your life. This is the life of anyone who has accepted the mandate God gives His followers. We put down our lives and take up His; He calls, we go. That's how this life works. Submitting our hearts and minds to God daily. Worshipping. It's beautiful.
Life has been good. I'm adjusting well to life back here. Six weeks at home was probably too much, but it was definitely amazing. I love my family, church, and friends so much; they're more than I could ever ask for. Thank you guys for being who you are! :)
When I arrived there were a TON of bugs here, and that just added to the irritation I was already feeling about the difficulty of life here. It's just HARD here. To do anything: go to the store, go to work, go to anywhere. I can't just hop in my car and go. It takes effort. Which, I realize, IS a good thing... it's just so much harder! It's been like a roller coaster here... which, as Winter pointed out, that's just life. I would be experiencing these ups and downs anywhere... I just happen to be here. :)
My friend Caroline and I have decided that we're going to be more dedicated to putting ourselves "out there"... we try to go to a 'celula', or small group Bible Study on Wednesday nights, but it goes rather late and sometimes we don't make it. We're going (almost) every week this time, fingers crossed! Also, we were invited to two birthday parties this weekend, AND are going, so that's exciting! They're both Argentine, and super cool... fun/scary! We always have a blast when we go to these things, I don't know why it takes so much to get us there!
School starts on Monday; kids have a half-day on Tuesday. I think I'm ready. I'm ready to do the job I'm called to do. :) I love teaching. I just need to be tougher, more stern (don't laugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment