This past week was rough in some ways, great in others, and blessed in all. I've been so emotional. I'm way more stable than last year at this time, and definitely more so than 6 months ago... but I still have a long way to go. Things that happen in my day definitely affect me (in a positive or negative way) way more than they should. Be it something my kids say, a Skype call I do/don't receive, or things going or not going my way. I want to be on "level ground". Most of the time, when I'm being crazy, I repeat verses, or words from the Lord, to myself and I'm fine. But I definitely need to become more "preventative" in the way I lead my life. I've recently become more adament about memorizing and meditating on Scripture, and that has helped a lot. The verse I memorized last night was, "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is set on you, because he trusts in you." (Isaiah 26:3) I am trusting. I am striving to have that "perfect peace". Sometimes I catch a glimpse of it, and boy is it amazing!
This week, with my kids, was great! I felt like when I arrived at school on Tuesday, I was automatically a better teacher. I'm more calm, it's more normal, and I just feel way better about it. Thanks be to God! It's been great. I've been a bit more stern, but at this point I'm beginning to see that it really wasn't my lackadaisical attempt at discipline that was off, it was my overall demeanor. I was trying to be the friend and not the teacher. And now I'm an in control, friendly teacher. :)
If you're praying for me, pray that I focus on today: where I'm at and what I'm doing. Pray for my spiritual growth, and for me to rely solely on the Lord. Pray for the eyes and ears of my heart to be open to the Lord's plan for me, regardless of the wheres/whos/ and whats. Pray for the relationships I have, that they continue to grow heavenward. Pray also for my school, my students, my family, and my mission.
I'm praying that we realize the incredible gift we've been given: the opportunity to serve the world WITH God. We are his "co-workers". What an incredible blessing- so humbling. My class Bible lesson yesterday was on being "selfless" rather than "selfish". This is the crux of what Jesus's life on earth WAS. The crux of who he IS. He didn't worry about where he slept, what he ate, what he wore, or what he earned. He came to serve. We, in the same way... in the SAME way... are called to make ourselves less, and not just less, but LAST.... in order that others may be first. We must become less, in order for Him to be greater. Become less, church. Pray for one another, feed one another, clothe one another. Forget about you: your wants, needs, desires, hopes, dreams. How crazy is that? I must forfeit all that I want in order to help see the needs and wants of others realized? Yes. You must. And by doing this, by laying your very heart at the feet of Jesus, you're asking Him to pick it up. And, pick it up he will. You will not be forsaken. HE will take care of you. Who are we to worry about ourselves if the very God of the universe is taking care of us?
There is not a mother more proud (prouder not sure) than me. I love you so much and admire your heart and commitment to Jesus. I think I will go cry some more now - just tears of joy this time. :)
ReplyDeleteLet's try this again. :)
ReplyDeleteAnna, Up to now, when I thought of you, I pictured that middle school girl sitting at car riders playing her flute. Now, I will picture you as a grown woman and a wonderful teacher who is living her life in service to Christ, no matter the sacrifices you're facing! I am so proud of you. You are wise beyond your years and a blessing to your students and to me! You are in my prayers!
ReplyDelete